We are a community of Christian academic physicians and scientists who are committed to helping one another discern and live up to our faith-based calling. We endeavor to transform our academic communities through faith, fellowship, and scholarship.
News & Events
- Leadership Team of the CMDA CAPS section authored an article on the motivation for CAPS in CMDA Today Winter 2021 issue: "Answering the Call"
- CAPS launches newsletter CAPSoul Quarterly to connect fellow believers in academic medicine. The newsletter is distributed quarterly to faculty members of the CAPS section. If you are interested in receiving a current issue, please join the CAPS section or send us a message using the "Contact Us" tab.
- Inaugural Research Sponsorship – Request for Application – CAPS will provide financial support for one faculty member to attend the 18th Annual Course on Religion, Spirituality and Health, a 5-day research workshop at the Duke’s Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health (August 15-19, 2022). Please submit the application by May 30, 2022 (11:59 pm of applicant's local time zone). Only faculty members of the CAPS section are eligible to apply.
- Discipleship in Academic Medicine via Quad Squad v3.0 will commence March 2022. For more details, click on the "Mentoring" section of the Resources tab.
- If you are interested in international medical education, please consider volunteering for CMDA's Medical Education International
WEBINAR SERIES 2023
** A Christian’s Walk in Academic Medicine will not be available as a recording and names of faculty members will NOT be listed on our website. All webinars will be on Wednesdays at 5pm PT / 7pm CT / 8pm ET