The Christian Academic Physicians and Scientists (CAPS) section of CMDA exists to
- Encourage Christian academic physicians and scientists
- Develop effective pathways of Christian ministry for academic physicians and scientists within their profession
- Provide resources to manage the difficulties of their profession victoriously in a Christ-like manner
- Offer guidance in making bioethical decisions in medicine and science based on Christian principles
Mission: Opportunities for Growth
- Cultivate communities of Christians in academic medicine at the local, regional, national and international levels
- Host interactive seminars and presentations by leading Christian academics
- Provide on-line resources to equip Christian academics to deal with bioethical and philosophical challenges that arise in teaching, patient care and research, using Biblically-based principles
- Promote intellectual and spiritual growth through discussions in a secure members-only on-line portal/forum
- Nurture new Christian leaders in academia through intentional mentorship and sponsorship.
Outlook: What Success Looks Like
- Formation of a network of Christian academic physicians and scientists who are actively engaged in scholarly work and who may serve as a Christian voice among policymakers and the larger community.
- Formation of communities that are actively engaged in mentoring and sponsorship of Christian academic physicians and scientists.
- Promotion of courageous conversations about the Christian academic mission within medicine and scientific enterprises.
Kim-Lien Nguyen, MD
David L. Larson, MD, FACS
David L. Bolender, PhD
Kalon Ho, MD, MSc